- Client Representation
- News & Publications
Vincent T. Borst is a highly skilled litigator with over 30 years of experience representing clients in a variety of corporate and transactional matters and in complex litigation matters in state and federal courts throughout the country at both the trial and appellate levels. He represents plaintiff and defendant clients in diverse litigation matters relating to Civil RICO, fraud, fraudulent conveyances, equipment leasing, secured lending, mortgage foreclosures and aviation. Vince has substantial experience counseling clients during all stages of litigation, including investigations, pleadings, discovery, pre-trial matters, trial, and if appropriate, settlements and/or appeals of trial decisions.
Vince was recently appointed as Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel for Deutsche Leasing North America, Inc., Deutsche Leasing USA, Inc., Deutsche Leasing Canada (DEL), Inc. and Deutsche Leasing Canada, Corp. He also serves as general counsel to the Illinois Railway Museum.
As an extension of his practice, Vince is an active member of the American Bar Association Section of Litigation and Air & Space Law Forum. He has an AV Preeminent Peer Review-rated by Martindale Hubbell, its highest level of peer recognition for legal ability and ethical standards.
Vince is a member of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots’ Association legal panel. He also holds a commercial pilot certificate with airplane single engine land and sea, multi-engine land helicopter and instrument airplane ratings. Additionally, he holds a flight instructor certificate with airplane single and multi-engine and instrument airplane ratings.
- IFC Credit Corp. v. United Business & Industrial Federal Credit Union, 512F.3d 989 (7th Cir., 2008).
- Pure Solutions, Inc. v. IFC Credit Corporation, 183 Fed. Appx. 838, 2006 WL1316974 (11th Cir., 2006).
- IFC Credit Corporation v. Aliano Brothers General Contractors, Inc., 437 F.3d 606 (7th Cir., 2006).
- Stromberg Metal Works, Inc. and Comfort Control, Inc. v. Press Mechanical, Inc., et. al. 77F.3d928 (7th Cir., 1996).
- General Electric v. Palutsis, 1995 WL 263459 (N.D. III.) and IFC Credit Corporation v. Rieker Shoe Corporation, 378 Ill.App.3d 77, 881 N.E.2d 382, 317 Ill.Dec. 214 (Ill.App. 1s. Dist., 2007).
- Appointed as Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel for Deutsche Leasing North America, Inc., Deutsche Leasing USA, Inc., Deutsche Leasing Canada (DEL), Inc. and Deutsche Leasing Canada, Corp.
- Appointed as general counsel to the Illinois Railway Museum.
- Credit Scoring for Commercial UAS-Meeting the Opportunities and Challenges
- Vince Borst, Newly Appointed Member of the ELFA Legal Committee
- MonitorDaily Interviews Vince Borst on the topic “What Lenders Need to Know About Drone Technology
- Blockchain Technology – Streamlining Equipment Leasing To Obtain A Competitive Edge
- Monitordaily Interviews Vincent T. Borst for its E-Newsletter Podcast Series