Joshua L. Harris
- Client Representation
Joshua L. Harris is a Senior Associate in the Construction Litigation practice group. Collaborating with RD seasoned shareholders, he handles routine to complex matters nationwide, including construction contract drafting and negotiation, arbitrations, civil trials, mediations, claim preparation, mid-project analysis, among others. Josh represents a myriad of client markets such as owners, architects, design-builders, material suppliers, subcontractors, contractors, construction managers, and sureties. In this capacity, he provides counsel in diverse litigation matters including construction related concerns including, but not limited to, breach of fiduciary duty claims, commercial contracts, commercial disputes, defamation, shareholder disputes, fraud and lease disputes.
Josh brings a wealth of litigation experience to RD. As a litigator and trial lawyer, Josh has represented large and family-owned businesses across a host of industries and sectors at both the state and federal level including securities, politics and voting organizations, telecommunications and technology, insurance, real estate, education, healthcare, transportation and manufacturing. Josh is a trusted advisor to his clients in all aspects of litigation including negotiations, counseling, pleadings, depositions, discovery, substantive motions, trials and appeals.
Clients consistently depend on Josh to provide sound legal advice that also advances the organization’s business and legal goals and have praised his ability to identity key litigation pressure points and collaborative approach in developing sound litigation strategies with a team-oriented mindset. Josh is diligent in understanding his clients’ businesses, passionate about solving their legal challenges, and strategic in helping his clients achieve their goals.
In 2020 and 2021, Josh was recognized in Best Lawyers Ones to Watch for commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Obtained complete defense verdict in bench trial in Georgia state court as sole trial counsel for national utility billing provider in multi-plaintiff dispute relating to statutory billing processes and procedures.
- Obtained favorable arbitration trial ruling for major dental service client in bet the company trade secrets and partnership agreement dispute, including sole responsibility for trial exhibit preparation and key fact witness preparation.
- Represented real estate investment trust in breach of contract action arising from alleged construction issues in multi-million-dollar railroad oil pipeline terminal project.
- Managed and supervised large-scale discovery, including collection and production of ESI and strategic negotiation of various protocols. Experience also includes substantial motions practice and oral arguments in federal court.
- Obtained summary judgment for higher education client in multi-million-dollar property dispute, including primary drafting responsibility for brief in support of motion, post-hearing discovery, oral argument preparation and appellate brief.
- Represented national bank clients in Interchange Fee Opt-Out litigation, which involved primary responsibility for document collection, review and production of same in response to third-party subpoena requests.